Graduation to OEP Boot CampPosted by Medicare Made Clear
Congratulations on completing the Countdown to OEP! The next step on your path to Medicare enrollment is OEP Boot Camp. Learn what to expect below.
When we kicked off our blog series Countdown to OEP at the beginning of September, we talked about going “back to school” for Medicare. We’ve now reached the last post in the Countdown to OEP series. Our goal for this series was to give you key information to help you get ready for the Medicare Open Enrollment, no matter what your situation.
As a “course review,” here are some of the questions we addressed in this series:
- What is OEP, or the Medicare Open Enrollment Period? And why is it important to you whether you already have Medicare, or you’re newly eligible?
- Where can you find reliable information about your Medicare choices?
- What can you make of stories about Medicare in the news lately?
- How can you find out what changes are coming to your current Medicare plan in 2013?
- What are the basic Medicare choices you need to make?
- What do all those Medicare letters stand for, anyway?
We hope you’ve found Countdown to OEP series useful. If you missed any posts, or want to review a post, you can find them all right here.
With the start of 2013 Medicare Open Enrollment two weeks away, you’ve now “graduated.” Congratulations! <Next week,> the second part of our Medicare Made Clear series on the Open Enrollment begins: OEP Boot Camp. Now that you’ve been grounded in the basics of OEP, it’s time to turn the focus to you—or a loved one you may be helping to make Medicare choices.
OEP Boot Camp will take you through a detailed, step-by-step review of your specific health care needs for 2013. We’ll help you see how this can guide your decisions about what kind of Medicare coverage might be right for you. That way, you can confidently look at your—or your loved one’s—2013 plan choices and take action, if needed.
OEP Boot Camp will discuss these health care topics:
- Health care network: Which health care providers do you see, or want to see? Would you be willing to change doctors to save on costs?
- Your health: Has your health changed? Will you use more or fewer health care services in 2013?
- Benefits: Which health care plan benefits do you want or need? Do you have any benefits now that you’re not using?
- Prescription drugs: Which medications do you currently take, and how expensive are they?
- Your finances: How have your personal finances changed in the past year, and how will those changes affect your health care budget?
The OEP Boot Camp series will start on Monday, October 1, and run every Monday for six weeks, through the beginning of November. See you next week!
Remember: You have until December 7 to make 2013 Medicare plan choices during for you or your loved one. There’s a lot to know. The Medicare Made Clear OEP Boot Camp series can help.
Look lively, and get ready for the Medicare Open Enrollment Period (OEP)! Come back for the first installment of OEP Boot Camp: Your Health Care Needs.
For more information, contact the Medicare helpline 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227), TTY 1-877-486-2048. If you have questions about Medicare Made Clear, call 1-877-619-5582, TTY 711, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. local time, seven days a week.
Countdown to OEP Blog Series—MedicareMadeClear.com blog
Medicare Eligibility and Enrollment—MedicareMadeClear.com
Y0066_120924_123755 CMS Accepted