Medicare Webinars During National Medicare Education WeekPosted by Medicare Made Clear
Get to know Medicare during National Medicare Education Week, September 15–21. The goal of National Medicare Education Week is to help empower Medicare beneficiaries, new to Medicare individuals and caregivers to make confident and informed decisions. This year, you can attend a local event in your community, and Medicare Made Clear will offer three online webinars focusing on key Medicare topics.
- Medicare Basics: Parts A, B, C & D
- Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Coverage
- Medicare When Working Past 65
Each webinar will cover different Medicare topics
During National Medicare Education Week, Medicare Made Clear will feature three free, short educational webinars featuring informative graphics to make learning easier. Get the details on each webinar below.
Webinar 1: Medicare Basics: Parts A, B, C & D
- What: Learn about each of the parts of Medicare and understand the differences between Medicare Part A, Part B, Part C and Part D. We’ll discuss each part’s coverage, costs and enrollment dates, plus we’ll share some helpful tips for choosing coverage to fit your needs. We’ll also go over Medicare supplement insurance (Medigap) and Medicare Advantage (Part C) differ.
- When: Tuesday, September 17
- Register now for the Medicare Basics: Parts A, B, C & D webinar
Webinar 2: Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Coverage
- What: Learn about Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage. In this webinar, a Walgreens pharmacist will walk through Medicare Part D, including how to get prescription drug coverage, how to avoid the Part D late enrollment penalty, money-saving tips and some inside tips for help you might find at your local pharmacy.
- When: Wednesday, September 18
- Register now for the Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Coverage webinar
Webinar 3: Medicare When Working Past 65
- What: Learn about your options when you’re thinking about working past 65 and become eligible for Medicare. In this webinar, Medicare expert Phil Moeller walks through how Medicare enrollment works when you are working past 65 or when a spouse is working past 65. Moeller will discuss employer coverage options, eligibility, enrollment, what to think about if you plan to keep working, and will touch on COBRA and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs).
- When: Thursday, September 19
- Register now for the Medicare When Working Past 65 webinar
Attend a webinar to prepare for Medicare Annual Enrollment Period
National Medicare Education Week is exactly one month before the Medicare Annual Enrollment Period begins on October 15. National Medicare Education is a great time to refresh your Medicare knowledge, ask questions and review your coverage options. The above webinars are a great resource for preparing for the Annual Enrollment Period, whether you’re enrolling for the first time, reviewing existing coverage and considering shopping around, or if you’re a friend or family member helping someone with their Medicare coverage.
You can learn more about the above webinars and National Medicare Education Week, as well as explore other resources such as live in-person events, at NationalMedicareEducationWeek.com.
National Medicare Education Week is supported by UnitedHealthcare, AARP, Caregiver Action Network, Fitbit, National Association of Area Agencies on Aging (n4a), and Walgreens, in addition to health care providers, senior centers and other local organizations.
For more information about Medicare, explore MedicareMadeClear.com or contact the Medicare helpline 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227), TTY 1-877-486-2048.